Addicted to Ice, but NOT Chewing It!

Share your ice chewing stories.

Addicted to Ice, but NOT Chewing It!

Postby arturodonjuan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:14 pm

I've been essentially addicted to ice for the past 5 years or so, but not chewing it. What I do is I just let it melt in my mouth while I move around with my tongue, allowing the ice to make contact with every part of my mouth (tongue, inside cheeks, etc.), but I avoid prolonged contact with my teeth (cold teeth feel weird). I always felt slightly eased by this because I can enjoy the alerting sensation of ice being in my mouth while avoiding the "Chewing ice is bad for your teeth" warnings. A seemingly peculiar result of this is that I prefer denser, purer, smoother, and finger-sized ice blocks. The ice served on airplanes in the beverages is literally the perfect ice for me, while Sonic ice isn't that great.

Is anybody else like this? I know this technically marks me as a non-ice chewer, but I think I share the feelings of the icy sensation with everybody else here.
arturodonjuan

Re: Addicted to Ice, but NOT Chewing It!

Postby bigsky2000 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:43 pm

That is wonderful that you have been able to resist the chewing of the ice. I have gone back and forth of doing both chewing and letting it melt in my mouth. I have had an ice addiction for almost thirty years. I know the best places to get ice all over the country. My teeth have really suffered. I am now backt to letting it melt in my mouth.

Good luck & keep up the good work!
bigsky2000

Return to Stories