I'm not alone

Share your ice chewing stories.

I'm not alone

Postby noteeth » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:07 pm

I can't believe it, there are other people who obsess about ice! I think about it all the time. I'm trying to break the habit, but when I'm sitting at my desk at work, all I can think about is the big industrial ice maker in the back Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off!. I also eat ice until my tongue and mouth are numb, (don't answer the phone when this happens. I'm sure people think I'm inebriated). My teeth are paying for this bad habit and my mouth is sometimes sore for days after some heavy ice chewing. For my teeth's sake, I want to quit.
noteeth

ICE CHEWING

Postby ljones3534 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:04 pm

i'M THE SAME WAY i HAVE A VERY BAD HABIT OF CHEWING ICE AND WAS GOING TO ASK IF ANYONE KNEW WHY BUT i FOUND MY ANSWER IT'S BECAUSE MY IRON IS LOW. i BETTER GO TO THE DR. i HAVE TO ALWAYS HAVE A CUP OF ICE IN MY HAND I LOVE CHEWING IT. IF I TAKE IRON I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. WILL THIS HELP? :D
ljones3534

will iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. help

Postby noteeth » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:18 pm

It depends on how low your iron is, there is such a thing as too much iron. Eating iron rich foods may help or a multivitamin with iron may be enough. If you take iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us., eat lots of fiber, they can constipate you.
noteeth

Re: I'm not alone

Postby BEATLEGIRL » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:10 am

noteeth wrote:I can't believe it, there are other people who obsess about ice! I think about it all the time. I'm trying to break the habit, but when I'm sitting at my desk at work, all I can think about is the big industrial ice maker in the back Our Shitty I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. Suck and We will rip you off!. I also eat ice until my tongue and mouth are numb, (don't answer the phone when this happens. I'm sure people think I'm inebriated). My teeth are paying for this bad habit and my mouth is sometimes sore for days after some heavy ice chewing. For my teeth's sake, I want to quit.

THIS SOUNDS JUST LIKE ME! I CAN'T TALK HALF THE TIME, AND I KNOW PEOPLE WONDER WHATS WRONG WITH ME! MY LIPS START TO LOOK BLUE! MY JAW STARTS TO ACHE, AND NOW I HAVE A SMALL HOLE IN ONE OF MY MOLARS! I'M CHOMPING RIGHT THIS MINUTE. I WAS TOLD I WASN'T ANEMIC, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE COULD CAUSE THESE CRAVINGS!
BEATLEGIRL

Postby n'iceass » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:53 pm

This is amazing, I love you people! I never, ever thought I would find a fetish website that I could relate to so much! People must think I'm crazy when I answer the phone at work and have to repeat my sentences over and over due to numbness. I found this website while chewing ice and looking for an industrial ice machine for my house. I'm not sure if all the Subway ice is the same, but they have great ice!
n'iceass

ICE CHEWER

Postby OBSESSED » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:53 pm

FOR EVERYONE WHO CHEWS ON ICE, IT'S A CRAVING THAT YOU GET THAT IS SO IRRESISTABLE YOU CAN'T PUT IT BESIDE YOU,
THIS PAST MOTHERS DAY I WAS RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL MY HEMOGLOBIN HAD DROPPED TO 2. I WAS IMMMEDIATELY GIVEN A BLOOD TRANSFUSION 5 PINTS OF BLOOD I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR I WEEK. UNFORTUNATELY BECAUSE I LET THIS CRAVING GET THE BEST OF ME I NEVER TOOK CARE OF MYSELF NEVER SAW A DOCTOR.
LATELY I'VE BEEN CRAVING FOR ICE AGAIN!!! I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND HE GAVE ME SOME IRON I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. TO TAKE TWICE A DAY. THE URGES HACE DECREASED.

THINK ABOUT IT!!! SOME OF YOU SAY YOU CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM IT
(CHEWING ON ICE) IMAGINE NOT BEING AROUND TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH YOU FAMILY EVER AGAIN!!!! IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!
OBSESSED

Healthy ice

Postby Chomp chomp » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:00 pm

I have just about given up trying to quit so now I'm thinking that I need
to start being concerned about filtered water ice. I stop at the convenince stores a few times a day just for ice but I know it's not filtered. Any suggestions from fellow ice chompers? :lol:
Chomp chomp

Re: Healthy ice

Postby beatlegirl » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:51 am

Chomp chomp wrote:I have just about given up trying to quit so now I'm thinking that I need
to start being concerned about filtered water ice. I stop at the convenince stores a few times a day just for ice but I know it's not filtered. Any suggestions from fellow ice chompers? :lol:

I will only drink filtered water...same goes for my ice. I found a place that sells water and ice that have been filtered through reverse osmosis....it's called "The Water Keg." I go through a couple of bags of their ice a week. I fill a huge cup with it before I leave the house. I need bigger cup holders in my car! :?
beatlegirl

I'm not anemic either

Postby noteeth » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:57 am

I was never anemic either, but since I started taking a multivitamin with iron, I'm no longer obsessing about ice. I still like to crunch it, but I can take it or leave it. My coworkers in the cube farm are probably very grateful. Ice crunching ranks right up there with lip smacking on the annoyance scale to some people.
noteeth

not alone

Postby Riverwoman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:09 pm

I was looking for a site that I could go to & talk to others like me. I like ice that has been sitting over night in the refrigerator. It is crumbly more & easier to chew. I also found that ice from up north in Michigan from a well is better, because it is easier on your teeth & breaks apart easier. Like a slush after it sits awhile. My teeth are sore as I type this & My hubby is angry with me all the time. He tells me not to chew ice. He told our dentist & my dentist just thinks it is because I grind my teeth at night. I have to get a mouth guard to wear. I think I do that too. It is nerves... nervousness & I am like most of you.. I take my glass of ice everywhere with me. Be careful everyone, though... once I choked BAD... and I was much younger.. my dad thought I was doing a dance & began to clap.. my mom took me over her knee & hit me & the ice cube flew across the room! So eat ice that has been sitting for awhile, it is softer at least & easier on your teeth etc....
Riverwoman

another ice craver

Postby crogers » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:49 pm

This is in response to everyone...I, also am an admitted Ice craver. I can walk by the produce section in a grocery store and my mouth waters for the ice. Of course, I would never crunch on that ice. I have a crushed ice slot on my refrig. and I take that and put it in the microwave for a few minutes. I think the best ice comes from Sonic...looks like rabbit terds, though! I get a spoon and I'm in heaven.
It is an iron defieicency but my blood test came back normal and I still crave ice. I've taken over the counter iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us. and they mess up my system. I'd rather have the ice cravings. I also am addicted to chewing supper bubble bubble gum. If I'm not crunching ice, I'm chewing bubble gum. I guess it could be worse...we all could be alcoholics or drug users.
crogers

Postby I eat ice too! » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:08 am

Wow, I was searching to see if my ice eating was a symptom of something and this board has really helped.
You know what's funny? When I was pregnant ALL I wanted was salad and ice! NO pickles and syrup (GAG!), just Del Taco ice. My husband had to drive out of our way because it had to be Del Taco.
Too bad there is no Sonic in Los Angeles, their ice is THE alltime best.
I don't know if it is linked to iron because I took my daily iron accordingly, I just like the fresh - cold feeling in my throat. Eating big ice is pretty dumb, duh, like teeth anyone? :wink: *lol!
Even my Dad just told me to stop it because of my teeth. So far, no probs but I only eat soft small crunchies. :!:
And ya, I am very consciously aware of others just in case it bugs. Then I mellow out. :roll:
Well, have a great day and it was such a trip finding and reading this board.
:lol:
I eat ice too!

ice ice ice

Postby Riverwoman » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:49 pm

Hello fellow ice lovers.... Reading everyone's info, maybe that is why I like the UP north well water ice best.. maybe it has minerals I need!! But really I think it is because it unfreezes into a state before it melts into a nice soft crunchable ice that is heaven to ice chewers like me. I have perfect teeth, no fillings or cavities.. but dentist thinks I need a mouth guard at night as he thinks I grind my teeth then.. he said not to chew ice of course....I let ice set a bit before I chew it. If one puts whiskey on it, it only makes it sharp & not soft...but if one mixes whiskey with pop & freezes it.. then it is a slushy ice.. I don't smoke. I wonder if most of us are non smokers. I think this is a nervous thing. Does anyone take a medicine for skin outbreaks?? from denice[/b][/i]
Riverwoman

Ice is the best

Postby Ice fanatic » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:32 pm

I chew ice every single day and i love it so much! :D When I go to bed at night i get a tall glass and fill it completely up with ice(although the cubes that come from my fridge are really big so i have to melt them a little so they are perfect chewing size) then i fill the glass with warm water so that the ice melts a little and makes the water cold. Then i go to my bed and munch away. I eat the whole glass before I go to sleep. My family gets really annoyed with me. All day I am really tired so I am wondering if I have a low iron count. I just know that I have always liked ice but lately it has become an obsession. No teeth damage though...yet. :wink:
Ice fanatic

I found out why!

Postby I eat ice too! » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:33 am

I finally found out why I eat ice and why my fingernails had little pin hole indentions.......I needed iron!
I searched and searched for answers to the nail dents and NOTHING! I heard about the iron issue and decided to try it. So now it's been a good 3-4 weeks and I bought some store brand slow release iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us.. I take 1 or maybe 2 in a day (if I remember to take #2!).
First of all, my hair STOPPED coming out in clumps in the shower and then some more in the brush! That alone is all worth it! And as I was intending on writing here, I checked my dented nails and to my surprise the dents are almost gone.
So now I know without a doubt that it was an iron deficiency.
I still enjoy ice but have also found the desire to constantly eat it has definately decreased!
I don't think about it hardly at all anymore. It's wierd, but true, the connection is iron.
Have a good one!
:D
I eat ice too!

Next

Return to Stories