Glad to know it's not just me

Share your ice chewing stories.

Glad to know it's not just me

Postby JennyA2496 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:56 am

I always liked sucking on ice cubes when I was younger but the chewing didn't get too bad until I was a teenager. I had some personal issues that caused severe anemia and I craved ice like it was a life source. Even after we got the anemia figured out I've developed a taste for it. I get obsessed with the crunch and the frosty taste of it. I'm crazily specific about which restaurants have the best ice for my taste and I'm just as obsessed with drinking the water that melts from it. It just tastes better after being frozen. People at work make fun of me because I always eat cups of the shaved ice we use in smoothies and they tell me I have a problem. I am a little crazy over always having ice but I just love it. I even just ordered a silicone ice tray that makes small cubes in an attapmt to make softer ice so I guess we'll see how that goes.
JennyA2496

Re: Glad to know it's not just me

Postby Damien1990 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Last edited by Damien1990 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damien1990

Postby raggz » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:19 pm

OMG i cannot believe there's a bulletin about chewing ice. i sincerely thought i was the only person in the world. i am in SW pennsylvania and the very BEST ice is from our Get GO gas station. they have crushed ice that is so delicious! i go about every other day and get eight 44 oz glasses. the ice is free so i get 4 with root beer and the other 4 just ice. when i get home i pretty much dump the root beer.

i'm sure it is annoying to others and i try to be discreet. but when i'm by myself - look out! the crushed ice is easier on the teeth at least.

mine started about 20 years ago when i was extremely anemic. i didn't know it at the time. i crunched for a year or two then lost the desire for it. about a year ago, it started up again even tho i'm pretty sure i'm not anemic. no one can understand how delicious it tastes to me - i would rather have ice than most food.

anyhow thanks for a good laugh!
raggz

Postby LuvsIce » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:00 pm

I love ice. I recently purchased an ice shaver / snow cone maker and I use gigantic cups and fill them up. I eat the ice with a spoon.
I find that it is a healthy alternative to eating snacks and calorie free, too.
Sometimes I'll pour some Pepsi or Diet Pepsi into it, just a little bit and make a slushie. The bottom is SO GOOD.
I eat ice like this probably twice a day. SO GOOD. :mrgreen:
LuvsIce

Return to Stories