Hello - I'm New To this Forum

Share your ice chewing stories.

Hello - I'm New To this Forum

Postby IceLady » Mon May 02, 2005 2:41 pm

Hello my fellow ice chewers. I have been chewing ice for years, I know that my craving are tied to my anemia as I have been anemic for years as well.. Lately my craving has gotten worse...I will go out of my way to stop at this one particular exxon gas station that sells crushed ice. I would stop there twice a day - once on my way to work and then on my way home. Their ice machine broke about 1 month ago and I was really disappointed because that was the best ice I found. I have an ice maker at home and I find that I will rinse the ice cubes off until they are the smaller sizes that I enjoy (any else do this?)

Questions - Do anyone go out of there way to buy ice at a particular store that sells fountain drinks to get ice. I mean I will ride a few miles of a good cup of ice.

Also does anyone buy soda fountain drinks and then pour out the soda just to have ice?

I do this because I think people will think i'm crazy continuously going to the store for cups of ice. I'm not to thrilled about bag ice so I tend to stop at stores that have fountain drinks in them so that I can get a nice, refreshing cup of ice.

P.S. I am sooooooo glad this forum exist. It has been bothering me lately that I have this mad craving for ice so I decided to look it up on
the internet and low and behold. I feel a little more normal now.
IceLady

I'm also new to this forum.

Postby vega619 » Mon May 16, 2005 12:15 pm

I can totally relate. I love the ice from the AMPM stores. Sometimes (depending on who is working) I ask for a bag and I fill up. I have my kids and my husband do the same because I feel weird walking in all the time with my cup or asking for a bag for ice. Sometimes I even have to pay my kids $5 just to do it! Can you imagine paying for something that is supposed to be free? I know, I'm addicted!!!
vega619

Return to Stories