Help.....

Share your ice chewing stories.

Help.....

Postby brizee77 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:49 pm

I am so frustrated....... After my recent bout of anemia last weekend the Dr. put me on 325 Mg of Iron twice a day + vitamin C. I have taken them for the last few days and now my ice tastes yucky...... I do not crave it as much, but I miss my ice. I really do enjoy it normally.... Now I can barely stand the taste, even though I still crave it...... This is pure torture. For any of you that really want to stop eating the ice and your hemoglobin count is low take high amounts of iron like they put me on and I but you won't want it anymore. But I like my Ice and I want it back to normal............
brizee77

You might try this Brizee77....

Postby Barefootcountrygirl » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:39 pm

Sorry to hear about your ice tasting yucky, but it's best to follow doctor's orders and keep yourself on the iron to stay healthy. That's #1! However, I have a suggestion that might help with your ice tasting funny...my husband bought me a Sno Cone maker (by Rival) at Wal-Mart for under $20, and it makes the best, softest yet still plenty crunchy ice ever! Every day my husband makes me a sno-cone ( a HUGE sno-cone, like the size of a Quick Trip Big Gulp!) My husband bought a ton of the flavored syrup to put on my sno-cones. He puts it on REALLY LIGHT because I don't like a lot of syrup, just enough to turn the ice from white to a slight red. and it's WONDERFUL! You get that wonderful crunch and can still taste the ice with the slightest hint of cherry (or whatever flavor you wanted). Just a suggestion....and keep taking those iron I'm a spammer who can't get a job. Also, our product sucsk - don't buy from us.!
Barefootcountrygirl

Postby iceloverone » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:07 pm

brizee, keep taking the iron. pretty soon you won't miss your ice habit. i wish that i could get to the point of not liking ice. well kind of i do like chewing it and i like the fact that i can get enjoyment out of something so simple.
iceloverone

Return to Stories